Weight Loss Surgery in Cape Coral, Florida
Excess weight can wreak havoc on your health and lifestyle, but losing it on your own is rarely easy. This is why Gulf Coast Bariatrics offers weight loss surgery to Cape Coral residents who suffer from obesity and have been unable to lose weight by other means.
Weight loss surgery can succeed where traditional weight loss attempts have failed, giving you the tools you need to lose weight in Cape Coral and keep it off. Our office is located just a few minutes away from Cape Coral, offering you a convenient location to make a life changing step for better health.
Weight loss surgery is also known as bariatric surgery and works by changing the way your body digests food. Losing weight will be much easier in Cape Coral after weight loss surgery, as you’ll experience reduced hunger that allows you to eat a low calorie diet.
At Gulf Coast Bariatrics, we offer residents of Cape Coral several weight loss surgery options:
- Lap Band. This weight loss surgery places an inflatable band around your stomach to reduce its capacity. Lap Band is a highly popular weight loss surgery due to its reversibility and adjustability.
- Gastric bypass. In its long history, gastric bypass has been the most commonly performed weight loss surgery in America. Gastric bypass reduces your stomach size significantly while also bypassing part of the small intestine to reduce calorie absorption.
- Sleeve gastrectomy. This weight loss surgery reduces your stomach to the size and shape of a banana (known as a “sleeve), both reducing hunger hormones and stomach capacity. This procedure is also known as vertical gastrectomy or vertical sleeve gastrectomy.
After weight loss surgery, Cape Coral patients can benefit from continued interaction with the weight loss surgeon and staff at the Gulf Coast Bariatrics office. In addition to the ongoing behavioral and nutritional guidance that will help you stay healthy and free of the weight you lose, Gulf Coast Bariatrics invites Cape Coral patients to its support groups and seminars, which can be an invaluable motivating force in your weight loss progress.
Losing Weight with Weight Loss Surgery in Cape Coral, Florida
Did you know that nearly a quarter of adults in Cape Coral are considered obese? In addition to the cosmetic and mobility issues of obesity, living with excess weight in Cape Coral can increase your chances of developing an obesity-related condition like:
- Heart disease
- Type 2 diabetes
- High blood pressure
If you suffer from one of these conditions in Cape Coral, weight loss surgery can help you resolve symptoms and get on the path to a healthier life.
Though weight loss surgery is not for everyone and each patient is considered on a case-by-case basis, you will likely only be a candidate for weight loss surgery in Cape Coral if:
- You have a BMI (body mass index) of 40 or above.
- You have a BMI of 30 or above with an obesity-related condition
- You are older than 18 and younger than 65
- You are willing to commit to the lifestyle changes necessary for weight loss surgery
- You do not have a preexisting condition that puts you at a high risk of surgical complications
If you think that weight loss surgery may help you lose weight in Cape Coral, contact Gulf Coast Bariatrics to learn more today.