5 Food Changes to Lose WeightPosted: Nov 21 in Post-Bariatric Diet by Staff
Every year people undergo diet regimens. Most of the people who go off diets state that the strenuous meal plans and the bland food are the top reasons for quitting a diet. For people who live in Naples, Florida, losing weight can be easy just by swapping a few ingredients in their diets. Soon dieters can lounge on the beach without having to be conscious of their weight.
Weight loss in Naples is simple because the warm days and sunshine means daily walks in the sun, and healthy fruits and vegetables are available all year long. Also, tiny food swaps to everyday meals can put someone on the right path to losing weight and feeling healthier.
Here are five food changes to lose weight and feel great:
- Swap out white breads and other refined grains to fiber-rich whole grains. Try brown rice or whole wheat pasta for dinner because they have more fiber, nutrients, and vitamins. Whole grains taste great and can help you to lose weight faster.
- Try canola oil or olive oil instead of butter. Saturated fats, such as butter, can cause clogged arteries and raise cholesterol. Olive oil and other unsaturated fats have been shown to help improve the heart.
- Take out salt and try fresh or dried herbs. The difference is more flavorful foods when herbs are substituted for salt. This is helpful for anyone who has high blood pressure, but it is also wise for a dieter, who will find that herbs add a nice taste to any food.
- Switch out steak to salmon. People who have never tried salmon are surprised at how delicious it is. Salmon is a rich, flavorful fish that contains omega-3 fats, which is great for the heart, body, and mind.
- Try low-fat dairy instead of full-fat dairy. Yogurt and sour cream are good, and even better when they are low-fat. Low-fat milk is also great for lowering blood pressure, and cutting out any saturated fat from the diet.
When anyone is trying to lose weight, a great start is by substituting a few ingredients from their favorite foods for a healthier option. By starting with little changes like swapping, you are less likely to feel as if you are giving up everything, and depriving yourself of all of your favorite foods.
You must be logged in to post a comment.