Baked Stuffed MushroomsPosted: Jan 06 in Post-Bariatric Diet by Staff
12 whole mushrooms, stems removed
1 tsp. butter
1 small shallot, chopped
1 stalk of Celery, chopped
1 tablespoon Minced Red Pepper
1 cup Roasted Pumpkin Seeds, Processed in food processor
1 tsp. Spice Mixture
4 ounces crab meat
¼ tsp. salt
Olive oil spray
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- De-stem mushrooms and wipe with a paper towel. Note place mushroom stems off to the side to add to your stuffing mixture.
- Place mushrooms on a sheet pan bottom down and spray tops of mushrooms with olive oil spray.
- In a sauté pan over medium heat melt butter and place celery, shallot, red bell pepper and chopped mushroom stems and sauté until soft. Place in a bowl and set aside.
- Process pumpkin seeds until you have the consistency of a fine bread crumb.
- Add pumpkin seeds to vegetable mixture and stir. Then add Crab meat and mix well.
- Take enough of the stuffing mixture and fill each of your mushroom caps. Place mushroom caps on sheet pan and cook in your pre-heated oven for 15-20 minutes or until mushrooms are brown.
- Serve with a lemon wedge and enjoy.
Source: Marisa Arena
6 servings 12
You must be logged in to post a comment.