Chicken Waldorf SaladPosted: Mar 03 in Post-Bariatric Diet by Staff
Our Chicken Waldorf salad is a nice alternative to your normal chicken salad. Try out this recipe for the healthy meal.
• 1 small Apple, Crisp apples such as fuji, gala or granny smith work the best.
• 2 cups Cooked Chicken, You can use Rotisseri, canned chicken or chicken in a pouch. If you have it use left over chicken from the night before.
• 1 Stalk Celery, Finely Minced
• ¼ cup Dried Cranberries, You can also use raisins if you prefer.
• ¼ cup Walnuts, Chopped
• ¾ cup Non fat plain Greek Yogurt.
• ¼ cup Low fat Mayo
• 2-3 Tbsp Fresh squeezed orange or lemon juice
• ¼ tsp. Sea Salt
• ¼ tsp. Black Pepper
1. Place the apple cooked chicken, celery, dried cranberries and walnuts in a mixing bowl.
2. Add to this bowl the yogurt, mayonnaise, orange or lemon juice, salt and pepper.
3. Toss all ingredients together and serve.
Just some side notes. If you want you can shred the apple if you have a hard time chewing and eating apples. Also this salad taste great served on a lettuce leaf or served over a bed of lettuce.
Source: Marisa Arena
Categories: 30 Minutes
Cuisine: North American: United States
(6 servings 3 cups)
You must be logged in to post a comment.