Zucchini Noodles with Fresh Pesto SaucePosted: Aug 27 in Post-Bariatric Diet by Staff
Zucchini noodles. A great way to increase you vegetables and enjoy the flavor of a pesto sauce. I know what you thinking, ZUCCHINI NOODLES!! But trust me they can have the same texture of a noodle depending on the amount of time you cook them and they just absorb the flavor of the sauce. Enjoy.
1 small Zucchini, sliced with vegetable peeler
1 cups basil, fresh
1 cloves Garlic
10 Pine Nuts
1 pinch salt
1 pinch pepper
1 tbsp. Olive Oil
1 tbsp. Cheese, parmesan, grated
1. Wash Zucchini well. Remove ends. Peel Zucchini into thin noodles with vegetable peeler.
2. Place Zucchini Noodles in a Strainer and toss with pinch of salt and set aside.
Making Pesto Sauce
1. Place basil in a strainer and rinse well.
2. Add basil, garlic cloves, toasted pine nuts, salt, pepper and olive oil in food processor and blend until smooth. (If mixture is to dry add a little water)
3. Place Pesto sauce in small saucepan and warm gently over low heat.
Making Zucchini Noodles:
1. In a Sauté pan add 1 tsp of olive oil and place over high heat.
2. Add Zucchini Noodles to pan and Sauté for 1-3 minutes. (If you like an Al Dente texture sauté for 1-2 minutes. If you like a soft texture sauté for 5 minutes or longer).
3. Drain Zucchini noodles
4. Toss Zucchini noodles and pesto sauce together and plate.
5. Top with Parmesan cheese and enjoy.
– Sauté: 1 Minute 5 Minutes
– Food Processor
– Sauce pan
– Sauté pan
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat: 7.88g
Total Carbs: 3.09g
Dietary Fiber: 0.94g
You must be logged in to post a comment.