Motivational Mantras for Bariatric SurgeryPosted: May 28 in Weight Loss Blog by Staff
After weight loss surgery, find a quote that encourages you to keep moving forward
In Eastern cultures, mantras are short phrases or sounds that are repeated to enhance peace and reduce stress. Mantras aren’t always words. Chances are you’ve heard one of the most famous Eastern mantras before—the classic “om” used during meditation. The purpose of a mantra is to push stressors and anxieties out of your head, helping you to become calm, centered and focused on the task at hand. This can be a great help during weight loss surgery.
Motivational quotes make for great mantras. Once you find a quote that resonates with you it can become easier to stay strong during difficult times. When you are tempted, tired or upset about your weight loss progress you can repeat your mantra in your head for some instant encouragement. When you don’t know what to say to motivate yourself to keep moving forward, a good quote can put just the right words in your mouth.
Here are a few motivational quotes that can help you stay positive after weight loss surgery:
- “Nothing will work unless you do.” –Maya Angelou
- “Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.” –Albert Einstein
- “Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.” – Leo Tolstoy
- “You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.” –Margaret Thatcher
- “A goal without a plan is just a wish.” –Larry Elder
- “Your goals, minus your doubts, equal your reality.” –Ralph Marston
- “Stumbling is not falling.” –Portuguese Proverb
- “When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on.” –Thomas Jefferson
- “Courage is the power to let go of the familiar.” –Raymond Lindquist
- “Choice, not chance, determines destiny.” – E.C. McKenzie
For a quote to be motivational, it doesn’t need to be famous. It might be something your mother once said to you, or a phrase that your weight loss surgeon repeats on occasion. It might even be something you once read in a book.
The quotes above are just several of the thousands of motivational quotes out there. You don’t need to limit yourself to these quotes. Find one that fits you best and store it away in the back of your mind for safe-keeping. After weight loss surgery, a good motivational quote can help you to remain positive when things get hard.
You must be logged in to post a comment.